Sunday, June 5, 2011

Texas Prison Museum.

Today we went to the Texas Prison Museum here in Huntsville. It was really interesting. It was amazing to see how things have changed over the years. I read a whole lot about the prison systems, and the things that have happened over the years. They had a section of infamous inmates, and a section where they explained (with pictures and newspaper clippings) the whole story of Bonnie and Clyde. They even had the guns they used, and creepily they had pictures of them after they had been killed. Needless to say they had lots of cool things inside there. So, here are some pictures I took.


 
This is a food processor an inmate made.

This is a tattoo gun. You can't see it, but the one on the right is made from a Marriott pen.


Homemade 'Prisonopoly' game.


 
Pieces to the 'Prisonopoly' game
Homemade chess game. On the right side, the pieces are officers. The pieces on the left are inmates.
This was made out of toilet paper.
THE Ol' Sparky.
Actual size of a cell. Remember, 2 people live in here.

I just thought some of you would like to see what I did today. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know this sounds "creepy" but I was very anxious to scroll down to the pictures of Bonnie and Clyde after they died lol! But on a serious note, these pictures are all very interesting. If I am ever up that way I will definitely make a point to stop and explore the museum. BTW I thought the chess and monopoly games were very clever. ;) Neat learning experience.

    ReplyDelete